Thursday 17 October 2013

Tea at 12 Harland Place, Norton

A few weeks back myself and my friend Danni (yes she has the same name as me!) went out for tea to a place called 12 Harland Place in Norton, Stockon on Tees.

For those of you who don't live up North you won't have heard of Stockton, let alone Norton but let me tell you it is a small town that to be honest, I don't visit often. I've heard good things from it and might get back there in the daytime.

Danni found this place online after googling somewhere we could meet up for food nearby. After reading through the menu we decided this would be the place. I didn't manage to take any pictures of the interior, only the food but I suppose that is what you really want to see! Inside it was modern and quirky, somewhere that I would definitely choose to go.

I ordered a grilled prime 8oz  steak burger, toasted brioche bun, homemade slaw, skinny fries which came on a wooden board as you can see on the picture. To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with the burger as it turned out to be an average burger with icky grizzly bits. The slaw, fries and salad were nice though!

12 Harland Place, Stockton Norton, Restaurant Review

Then came dessert. I chose some sort of hazelnut chocolate cheesecake and it was very yummy! If I hadn't filled myself on fries I could have finished the whole lot. Plus it came cutely decorated as you can see below.

12 Harland Place, Stockton Norton, Restaurant Review

I've been informed that they do a 'pudding club' every first Monday of the month. You get 10 desserts and then vote on which one should be on the menu for that month in the restaurant. I will definitely be going to this.

It is unfortunate that I didn't enjoy my burger but this wouldn't put me off from trying something else here as I really enjoyed the atmosphere and dessert.

Have you ever been? Do you think you'd like this place?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. That pudding looks absolutely amazing!

    Emily / Glittery Teacups

    ReplyDelete
  2. My word that looks lovely, shame it didn't taste as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look amazing but I think I am just fussy with burgers! x

      Delete
  3. It was a lovely place to go :) x

    ReplyDelete

© this Northerner.

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig